Everyone faces stress at some point or another in their life. For some, their stress stems from their family or circle of friends. For teens, school is the source of their stress. Work related stress tends to be a constant for many adults. However, dealing with this stress can seem impossible. Individual therapy often works for stress management, but can feel like a daunting step for some. As you prepare yourself for seeking out counseling, consider other methods of stress management for your work related stress.
Sources of Work Related Stress
Before you seek out the counseling services Palm Beach Gardens provides, think about what causes your work related stress. Pinpointing these sources can make your therapy sessions and overall stress management easier. Some common causes of work related stress include the following:
- Low pay
- Lack of training or managerial support
- Strained or tense relationships with co-workers or clients
- Excessive workload or unrealistic expectations
- Lack of control over work
- Inability to move or succeed
Waking up every morning dreading heading to work can be a terrible feeling. If work related stress is beginning to affect your life negatively, it’s time for a change.
Tips for Stress Management
Along with individual or group therapy sessions through Remedy Therapy, consider the following tips for managing your work related stress:
- Time off- In today’s society, it can feel like a taboo to use your vacation days. However, taking the time away from your job can help you avoid burnout and reduce stress. Using these vacation days all at once or spreading them out as extended weekends can help you feel recharged upon returning.
- Journaling- Writing down your feelings can help in several ways. For one, tracking what causes your work related stress can help you determine common factors and patterns. Identifying these can help you determine a plan of action with your therapist. Writing down your emotions can also help you get the stress off your chest and help with relaxation.
- Establishing boundaries- Unless your job requires it, being available 24/7, every single day shouldn’t be an option. As long as you meet your responsibilities within your provided guidelines, create boundaries when it comes to working. Let your coworkers know that once you leave the office, work is done for the day so you can de-stress and unwind.
Guidance with Remedy Therapy
The counseling staff at Remedy Therapy understands the toll work related stress can have on the body. That’s why we work with our clients to come up with coping mechanisms and strategies to manage stress properly. No problem is too big or too small for our team to help you with. By providing the counseling services Palm Beach Gardens residents rely on, we’re helping change the stigma surrounding mental health.